Simple tactics for mom sanity are highly important to utilize daily. One of them being as simple as getting outside! The benefits of getting outside for fresh air are tremendous, especially if you are a mom running around in this crazy life!
Getting outside for fresh air is one of the simplest and most effective things you can do for your health. It’s free, it’s easy, and it can have a wide range of benefits, from physical to mental.
- Improved lung function. Fresh air helps to clean and clear the lungs, removing pollutants and irritants. This can be especially helpful for people with asthma or other respiratory problems.
- Increased energy levels. Fresh air helps to boost oxygen levels in the blood, which can lead to increased energy levels and improved mental alertness.
- Stronger immune system. Exposure to sunlight helps the body to produce vitamin D, which is essential for a strong immune system. Vitamin D also helps to improve bone health and reduce the risk of certain diseases.
- Reduced stress and anxiety. Spending time in nature has been shown to reduce stress levels and improve mood. This is likely due to a combination of factors, including the fresh air, sunlight, and natural environment.
- Improved mood. Fresh air and sunlight can help to boost serotonin levels in the brain, which is a neurotransmitter that plays a role in mood regulation. Studies have shown that spending time outdoors can help to reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Increased creativity. Spending time in nature has also been shown to boost creativity and problem-solving skills. This is likely due to the fact that nature provides a calming and relaxing environment, which can help to clear the mind and promote new ideas.
- Improved sleep quality. Getting regular exposure to sunlight can help to regulate the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle. This can lead to better sleep quality and increased alertness during the day.
How to get outside for more fresh air | Simple Tactics for Mom Sanity
Even if you’re busy, there are plenty of ways to get more fresh air into your day. Here are a few tips:
- Take a walk or bike ride around your neighborhood.
- Sit outside on your porch or patio during your lunch break.
- Go for a hike in a nearby park.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Play with your kids or pets in the backyard.
- Garden in your yard.
- Volunteer at a local park or community garden.
- Take a yoga or meditation class outdoors.
- Go for a swim in a lake or ocean.
Why is it important for moms to get outside? | Simple Tactics for Mom Sanity
- Improved mental health. Moms are often under a lot of stress, and getting fresh air can help to reduce stress and improve mood. This is especially important for postpartum moms, who are more likely to experience depression and anxiety.
- Reduced risk of postpartum depression. Studies have shown that moms who spend more time outdoors are less likely to develop postpartum depression. This is likely due to the fact that fresh air and sunlight can help to boost serotonin levels in the brain.
- Increased energy levels. Moms need a lot of energy to keep up with their busy lives, and getting fresh air can help to boost energy levels. This is because fresh air helps to increase oxygen levels in the blood, which is essential for energy production.
- Improved sleep quality. Moms often have trouble sleeping due to stress and other factors. Getting fresh air during the day can help to regulate the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle, leading to better sleep quality at night.
- Bonding with baby. Taking your baby for walks or spending time outdoors together is a great way to bond with your little one. It also helps your baby to get the fresh air and sunlight they need for their health and development.
Moms can also benefit from the other physical and mental health benefits of getting fresh air, such as improved lung function, stronger immune system, and reduced risk of chronic diseases.
So, moms, make sure to get some fresh air every day, even if it’s just for a few minutes. No matter how you choose to get outside, make sure to spend some time each day enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. Your body and mind will thank you for it!
Check out Flourish For Moms!
Want to get outside with other moms? Check out FIT4MOM!